Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Tumble

So, yesterday after work I took a spill in the parking lot. A literal "superman dive" and shredded my pants and scraped up both of my knees. Like road-rash-from-falling-off-your-bike when you are 7 years-old style. It hurt a lot when it happened, but I didn't think too much of it, as I am used to falling down alot- I am not a very graceful person. I was just grateful I didn't fall on my belly and hurt the baby, so it seemed OK to me. At dinner last night, we shared the story with some people who freaked out and thought I should call the OB/GYN. I wasn't too concerned, but got the same reaction from nurses at work who got me big gauze bandages because bandaids aren't big enough for my scraped yucky knees. I went online to two different pregnancy sites to look up "falling down." Apparently I am the only clutz who regularly falls down, and the only hits I got on either site were in regards to toddlers falling down. Doesn't anyone else slip and fall? Maybe in the winter when there is ice?? So, I called the OB thinking they would consider me a baby, and wouldn't you know- she was concerned as well and told me to come right in for a ultrasound. I didn't mention that these new knee injuries are on top of my not-healed-yet scabs from falling down and skinning my knees in winter park 2 weeks ago- who knew you called the OB every time you fall down? Anyway, a whole lot of drama for nothing- the baby and I are just fine. I got to see her cute little face on ultrasound as they checked us out for injury, she is a doll. She weighs 1lb 2oz today, and is still a girl (good thing, with all this pink...) They even saw her taking "practice breaths" which is very advanced for 24 1/2 weeks. So, in all baby is great and advanced for her age and mom is a clutz. A clutz who is heading to DSW tonight to find some flats to wear in lieu of heals for a while. I hear flats are in, and cheaper than ultrasounds- so I am going to give that a try for a few months.

3 comments:

Anne Ferge said...

I'm glad to hear that you and baby are both okay. I like the way you can laugh at yourself. By the way...you were the coolest (and cutest) 7 year old ever, and I don't remember you being too klutzy. Either that or we really enjoyed fixing your boo-boos with lots of t.l.c. Take care of yourself!
Anne

Laurie said...

Don't feel bad. I keep running my big belly into things!! I would have never thought about going in for an ultra sound either. You told me about the winter park spill and I didn't tell you to go in. Sorry!! I'm too new at all this as well. I hope you found some cute flats that will keep you on your feet. Rest up this weekend unless of course you work....

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to have to tell you that I passed the Sawall girls "Klutz Curse" onto you. I hope it doesn't get passed onto Little VJ. Thank goodness all is well ....and you got new shoes. Life is good! Now be careful!