Monday, June 13, 2011

Book Review- Room

Last weekend I read the book Room by Emma Donogue. I have had several people recommend it to me, but the story sounded disturbing so I was hessitent. Well, it was disturbing, but I loved it none-the-less. The story is about a woman who is kidnapped and held prisoner in a small room for years, it is based on a real-life story of a woman held captive for 24 years in Austria. The story is told from the perspective of her 5 year old son, who was born while she was captive. The woman is so imaginitive in the ways she teaches her son life lessons, and makes the best of a terrible situation for his sake. I read it in about a day and a half- it is a super quick read and not as disturbing as it might sound. If anyone checks it out, please leave a comment and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

read the Room also and loved it
Sue