Monday, December 29, 2008

I CAN do this!

Today was my first day home alone with the baby. The last of the grandparents left yesterday, and Jeff is at work today. It is 4pm, and Lauren and I had a very nice day together. She was a very good girl last night, and although she had to eat every 2-3 hours, she went back to sleep very nicely after eating almost every time. This is a big improvement for my little insomniac. So, we started out the day relatively well rested. I was able to eat both breakfast and lunch, and since Lauren's umbilical cord finally fell off this am, I was able to give her a real bath in her little tub. It went so well, and she was happy afterwards, so I put her in her bouncy chair and managed to get a bath myself. That is right- we both are clean and well fed. My attempt to nap while she napped- a huge failure, but I am taking my victories as outnumbering the one failure- what a nice day. I just need to figure out how to get her to nap on her own during the day and we are in the clear. In summary, I am going to survive my maternity leave and can take care of the baby on my own. Hurray!

3 comments:

Anne said...

I've had faith in you all along. Now you have faith in yourself!! Remember that no one can take care of your baby better than you can. You and Jeff are doing awesome!! Lauren's Christmas dress looks adorable!
Anne

Krista said...

Of course you can! Just remember there will be days when you are neither clean or well fed and that's ok too!
Nice to "see" you guys! Ben got the link from talking to Carrie on facebook.
Krista, Ben, Alex and Maya

Catherine Anne said...

yea!!! THAT IS SUCH A GREAT FEELING:)