Wednesday, July 22, 2009

529 account

OK, So we are a bit behind on our planned schedule. We have been meaning to, but have not yet started a 529 college savings account for Lauren yet. I think we are looking at the "savings" type account instead of the "in-state" type. Jeff thinks she can go to CU to save money, but I think that the world is her oyster and I dont want to limit her choices. I know that different states have different deals, and you dont have to live in the state to use them. Does anyone have any advice for us? It is a bit overwhelming right now!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Get lots of advice and then share it with us!

I was also going to look into a life insurance policy that can be cashed out for college as well.

Any info on all would be great!!!!

I am hoping that Miss Ella does not go to Univ of Utah!