Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pondering...

Today I am doing laundry, and was gathering stuff up from around the house. For once, Lauren is not out of bibs, but actually just has a full load (thanks Laurie, Joe and Ella!!). I grabbed the cover from my nursing pillow (My Brest Friend- the name makes Jeff laugh every time...) and realized- gosh it has been a while since I washed it! I remember when Lauren was brand new, it seemed like I was washing that pillow cover almost every day- for sure 3-5 times/ week. Now it is a few times per month. It got me thinking- why is that? Here are my options:
a) Lauren doesn't spit up as much anymore
b) She still spits up, but I am better at anticipating it and catch it with a burp cloth
c) I am not as insanely particular about everything she touches being super soft and clean.
Hmmmmm- not sure which is the correct answer- I think it is some combo of the three. It is weird to ponder about how things have changed since Lauren was brand new. How she has changed, how Jeff and I have changed and how our life has changed so much. What a blessing she has been to our lives, and I have changed- and I like who I have become. I love to be Lauren's mom! I am still Nicole- I still am respected at work as an intellectual with sassy shoes. It is weird, today might be my epiphany day when I realize I do have it all. I am smiling...Life IS good.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

You are a fabulous Mom and friend and you will always have sassy shoes! I am so excited to hang out with you as moms!