Tuesday, February 21, 2012

We hope to be moving...

Life is a whirlwind! Two hours with a realtor, POD ordered, WE ARE SELLING OUR HOUSE!

So bittersweet, I LOVE THIS HOUSE. SO MUCH! We were newlyweds in this house. We learned to be married and love /deal with one another. We were first time homeowners here. We hurriedly signed papers the day it went on the market, we happily payed over asking price in a bidding war, and we thought we WON! We endured the MOVE of our jobs- when we bought this house our hospitals were within a few miles of home. They have both since moved to the 'burbs and we drive out there at 6:15 am each morning (even our jobs moved to the 'burbs? maybe its time to get the hint?). This is Casey's house- we fixed him up a dog door and a bed on every floor of the house, he has spent most of his life living here. We cut a bed in half to make a "Garden- level" guest room for the new grandparents, and repainted the guest room, filled it with a crib and rocker and tiny soft baby things. And on December 8th, 2008 - we brought home of beautiful little girl to live with us in this house. 3 years of life- this is the only home Lauren has ever lived in-it makes me sad to think she will not remember it. We have hosted deck parties galore, my 30th birthday, our annual resident welcome party, a wedding day brunch, a few baby showers, and thousands of bratwurst served on our deck!

But here we go- in search of a bigger yard, quieter street, driveway to ride the bike in, neighbors with children and ultimately a nicer public school system. I will SOB when we leave this house, I have no doubt about it. But someone new will LOVE this home as we have. They will revel in its history and charm. The fact that it has been standing for over 100 years, and the windows are made of hand-made glass panes that make rainbows on the floor on a sunny day. This house came on a train from Chicago, someone's Sears Roebuck order, and wont be going anywhere soon. As fondly as I drive past my childhood home in Wisconsin, this house will hold a similar nostalgic charm.

Wish us luck and come help us paint- HERE WE GO!  The plan is to be on the market by St Patrick's Day and I hope to be moving this summer. I imagine this is going to be stressful......

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I have memories of your home! AWESOME friendships blossomed on that patio. I call it the K B&B and the Best Patio in town! I've sampled beers, drank pink drinks, planned camping trips, celebrated my marriage, introduced Nicky, and showed off my little girl!

I'm excited for the new memories to be made in "the burbs"!

It's not the house, but the awesome people that make the house what is really is!