Monday, January 12, 2009

Our Milkman



We have a milkman- he comes once a week on Thursdays and leaves milk, juice, cheese, eggs, bread, cookie dough- whatever we order- in our little milk box in the wee hours of the morning so that we can enjoy fresh dairy products delivered to our home. Seemed like a good idea, as running to the store for milk or eggs has gotten a bit trickier, with the car seat/ diaperbag/ screaming child. It is fun, and kind of "retro" to have a milkman. The dairy is just a few blocks from our house, and I have always wondered about signing up, so I finally did. This morning Lauren and I are baking chocolate chip cookies from the dough our milkman delivered. Fun!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Very cool! We buy local milk/eggs but they don't deliver ~ that would be so nice.
Enjoy :)
Krista

Anne said...

Wow...so "Leave It to Beaver!"
I guess that makes you June Kluever and Jeff Ward Kluever. I think that it sounds like an awesome idea. Enjoy the cookies!
Anne