Sunday, November 15, 2009

Getting crafty


This weekend I was working on invitations for Lauren's 1st birthday party. We are planning a pink and purple polka-dot theme, so I wanted to include that in the invites. I was really hoping to find some blank invites to fill in, but no luck. So, I decided to get crafty and make them. The trouble- no place has a round stamp that I could use to make a polka-dot. I called all the craft stores and even Archivers only had a circle the size of a nickel- too small!! So, I decided to improvise and made a stamp from a potatoe and a cookie cutter that I bought to make polka dots out of fondant for her cake. Thanks to my mom for the idea- I wasn't sure how to make my own stamps. They turned out super cute- here is an example- it is of course edited because I didn't want all of our info on the internet -so the funny looking blank spots are just editing. Cute, huh?

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Are you kidding me? You are a mom who works, you aren't supposed to do something this cool!

I LOVE IT!!!

I wish we could come....