Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Berthoud Pass- Still Closed!

We are up in Winter Park for a long weekend, and they closed Berthoud Pass yesterday morning. Our friends who came up to ski with us yesterday had to drive around through Summit County to get home to their dog in Denver. Well, the pass is still closed this morning, and so is I-70 in Summit County, so we are totally stuck up here for now. Jeff is excited because it is still snowing and he wants to hit the slopes. I am a bit freaked out. I have a ton of things that I planned to do in Denver this afternoon and  toddler to get organized.  I am hoping that it opens soon....

Update: we made it back, but had to drive the long way around (4.5 hours vs 1.25 hours) because the pass was still closed for avalanche clean-up. Not the best plan with a 2 year old, but we are back and OK.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Be safe! We've done that road when it wasn't pretty!

Hang in there....