Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Photographic Awesomeness update

Camera Class week #1
Well, it was fun- frustrating at first, but I think I kinda get it.  I am the only Nikon girl in my class, everyone else has the Cannon Rebel, and the controls are harder and more complex on mine. Luckily the teacher is a die-hard Nikon guy, so he helped me figure out some things. I now know what aperture and shutter speed and ISO are all about. Well, kinda. I also have learned that there is probably no way to take a picture of a rapidly moving toddler and dog inside a dark house without a flash. OK, good to know.  I at least have the knowledge of how to try to make that happen. And, the realistic expectation that it probably wont happen and I should just take photos during the day or accept that it will be blurry if I slow the shutter down enough to get light in. Also, good to know.  I have two assignments for next week's class- 1. to take outside photographs of stuff at various setting he assigned. 2. find artistic "architecture" photographs in my house (like close-up the inside of the washing machine, a shag rug, artsy stuff- ya know).  The kicker- you cannot delete any attempts. We have to put our memory card in his computer and project for the class, and he is going to make sure they are in order. So, you cannot delete bad shots or mistakes. Uh-oh. I dont want to be embarrased, so I spent today practicing. I suppose you would expect me to post a picture along with this post, but I am un-inspired right now and dont have anything worth sharing yet.  Stay tuned for the awesome-ness......

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Do you have a flash?

Can't wait for pics! Intense class....can't wait to learn from you!