Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Denver Darkroom- BAD BUSINESS

OK, I have refrained for the last few months from naming the photography studio that has been giving me trouble- but enough is enough! You may recall my excitement over the "photographic awesomeness" that I was expecting when I signed up for a photography class, and the ensuing dissappointment when it was repeatedly cancelled with no notice (ie, we all showed up and it didn't happen). In the end the class was rescheduled for dates when I was out of town, so I was offered a refund from the owner of the studio- which is called the Denver Darkroom.  I ended up having to call the owner and email him 5 times before I finally saw a check. I deposited in my checking account, only to have it sent back to me saying he had insufficient funds.  The banked charged my $5 for this. I emailed him- he sent me another check. We decided to call the bank to see if he had sufficient funds (thanks Joe for the tip) - cost us $1.50, but NO - he does not have any money in his checking account.
What to do, what to do.............

Well, I decided to call him this morning and he assures me there will be funds on Friday- the 1st of the month.  There was no apology offered, simply the suggestion to try again friday. Who does business like that? I guess I have learned my lession- the Denver Darkroom= BAD BUSINESS.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Call the BBB!!!! It will make you feel better and you can prevent someone else from getting screwed!