Sunday, April 17, 2011

Colorado Mammoth

Friday night was supposed to be our date night, but our babysitter fell through. It worked out though because we got tickets for the last home game of the Mammoth- our professional Lacrosse team in Denver. This is one of my favorite sports to watch, and Lauren is right there with me. We got to meet the Wild Bunch (hoochie dancers) and Lauren got a picture signed by each of the girls and it is taped to her wall. They were really sweet to her and she loved meeting them! Jeff was a dork and went to our seats to get food while Lauren and I went to meet the scantily-clad dance girls. What guy does that? Anyway- the whole game is high energy music and just plain loud. At the beggining of the game the Wild Bunch come out on the back of Harley's and there is a big show with music, lights and a lot of smoke. Lauren danced and danced and really loved it all. She was just in awe, and it was amazing to watch her take it all in.  Unfortunately the game started at 7pm and she usually is in bed by 7:30, so we planned to leave at half-time. It was really a big deal to get her to leave and I felt so bad taking her out of there. We didn't get her into bed until after 9pm, and I just couldn't imagine keeping her up much later than that. We took the light rail (train) down there and back, yet another fun adventure for a two-year-old. Sometimes I sit and think about Lauren's life and am just in awe- she has done more in her 2 years of life than I had by the time I went to college.  Lucky girl, I say...


No comments: