Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mexico- would you worry?

I dont pay attention to the news- I am just too busy for that. But we are planning a trip to Puerto Vallarta again soon, and all of a sudden people are pointing out the dangers of travel to Mexico, even resort towns. Really? Should I be concerned? If you know me, you know that I of course wouldnt have a care in the world if it were just Jeff and I, but since the sweet petunia (Lauren) is coming with...
Anyone want to weigh in with some advice? I would never want to put Lauren at risk for anything at all.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

I think you are fine! I would be scared to go to Mexico City, but Joe was just there and said he would even take Ella. Be smart...you won't be out and about in the middle of the night with Miss Lauren. Just be smart! You will be safe!

Krista said...

I would not go. My dad works for an international company that has a consulting firm come in once a month or so to brief them about the areas they have employees living and traveling. This firm is made up of former CIA type people. He was just telling me last month's briefing had Mexico listed as the most dangerous place to travel right now. In most countries with travel warnings the criminals are motivated by extreme poverty and are mostly interested in kidnapping for ransom and don't actually want to kill you. Right now in Mexico the violence is extremely widespread and totally random. There is killing just for the sake of killing, not targeted or to get money..
There are so many other places in the world to see, why not check out someplace new?
Krista

Anonymous said...

Take your Mother along for protection. Most people are scare to mess with menopause.

Carolyn said...

I have heard that travelers to Mexico should be on guard. There are sites to look at for more information.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/north-central-america/mexico1
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_970.html

Kelly