Friday, April 8, 2011

Quinoa


Lauren loves quinoa- it is a grain kind of like couscous, but it has a lot of protein and fiber in it. She loves it, and it makes me happy because I worry about her diet with all of her food allergies. Jeff and I like it too, although he never remembers what it is called. I buy Bob's RedMill organic quinoa at Costco, it is cheap and easy to make. I dont usually mix anything in it, although last night Lauren and I mixed it in with the frozen peas we were eating. Word of warning- it takes some major cleanup (like sweeping the whole house) if you feed this to a toddler, because it tends to make a mess. I had to post about this, because my friend Laurie posted a hilarious quinoa post a few weeks ago, and now everytime I cook it I have to laugh.



2 comments:

Krista said...

Yum! Our kids love it too, on a regular basis we substitute quinoa or millet for rice in our stir fry.
Krista

Laurie said...

Glad to entertain and I do like it better than rice!