Sunday, November 2, 2008

36 weeks

So, I am officially 36 weeks pregnant. It has been a long haul, and I am happy to be drawing near the end. Up until the last couple weeks I have loved being pregnant and could never understand why people hoped to deliver a bit early. Now I get it. Baby is getting heavy, and her squirms and kicks sometimes hurt more than they tickle. I understand why people say "good luck" when I say I plan to work up until I deliver. It is getting a bit harder to run around at work as much as I usually do- the hospital is so big, and I get braxton-hicks contractions from taking the stairs just one floor. My sleeping is hurting a bit too- between my multiple (like 4-6) potty breaks and aching back, I dont really get all that much sleep and it is starting to wear on me. Today is my 7th day in a row working, and I am excited to have tomorrow off and get a massage!

On a more perky note- I saw the doctor on Friday, and everything is great with the baby. I am right on track- she is probably 5-6 lbs now, and we are both doing quite well. There are no signs of her making her entrance anytime soon- she is snug and comfy on the inside world, and likely content to stay there for a while. Which is good, because we have still not packed our bag for the hospital- I dont really know what my hold up is, but I think I should get moving. Maybe this week....

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Hang in there, Mommy! You can do it! Call me sometime....I'd love to chat.

Alyssa said...

Hang in there Nicole! I can't really relate but I know Laur can! We are all praying for you!