Wednesday, November 12, 2008

37 1/2 weeks

So, I am 37 1/2 weeks along- baby is officially term, so she could safely be born any day. I got to see her on ultrasound on monday - she is a looker. Perfect little rose-bud mouth, and the sweetest face I have laid eyes on. The ultrasound tech used the 3D ultrasound so we could really check out her face- it is amazing! I really cannot wait to meet this lovely little girl in person. Overall, I am feeling well- my aching hips and back have actually gotten better over the last few days, and I feel great. Not really getting tired of being pregnant at this point, but i am so inpatient and anxious to hold and kiss and hug my lovely little angel- I almost cannot stand the wait anymore. Every day I talk to her and try to convince her what a great birthday it would be. Today I am working on how awesome it would be to have a birthday of November 12th. Last night I was reading her some books and pointed out to her that it would be more fun for her if she would come out and see the pictures. So far, she seems quite content and cozy where she is... patient little stinker! She doesn't get that from me!

We are all prepared for her. The room is ready, clothes and bedding washed and put away, diaper bag loaded and waiting for her. I didn't pack my bag for the hospital yet, but everyone knows how much i hate to pack- I have her stuff packed, though! Best of all- I think she is going to have a name! Jeff and I settled on a short list of names we both like, and will bring the list and pick the final name once we meet her in person- whew! - just in the nick of time. Although Baby would have been a nice name, too....

2 comments:

Anne said...

Maybe if you pack your bags it will happen!

Nicole said...

Hmmm... interesting idea- I think I'll try it... :)