Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Knuffle Bunny

Knuffle Bunny is another fantastic children's book by Mo Willems - I cannot remember who recommended it - maybe Catherine or Krista? Somewhere, someone recommended this and I say THANK YOU! The pictures are cute- real sepia photographs of what appears to be NYC with colorful cartoon characters drawn on top. Lauren loves the pictures and thinks that the people live in a castle (brownstones in NYC with bars on the windows- she cracks me up!) The story is about a little girl named Trixie who cannot talk yet, and she goes on an errand with her daddy. They forget her stuffed bunny at the Landromat, and she attempts to communicate this with her daddy, but he has no clue. In an attempt to get him to go back, she turns "boneless" - I burst out laughing when I read this- so true! Don't all kids do that, turn floppy so you cannot make them come with you? Anyway, as soon as they get home Trixie's mom immediately knows what the problem is (also so true) and Trixie gives her dad the "I told you so" look. Lauren always makes me read the story 2 or 3 times in a row, and this is actually a book I don't mind reading over and over- it makes me laugh too. Also, the pigeon appears in each of Mo Willems' books- and this is no exception- we love to find him and point him out!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I think I've heard of this book before. We'll have to get it! Do you have any tips on finding these books for a bargain?

Krista said...

Not me, but it looks cute! I'll have to check our library. We are book junkies around here for sure.
Krista

Nicole said...

No I don't have any tips other than the library. I buy most of my books on amazon