Sunday, September 18, 2011

Peach Tart (pop tart?)

Jeff isn't a big cake fan- so for his birthday Lauren and I made him a peach tart with the tasting Colorado peaches that we got at the farmers market. She is always a big help and today was no exception. While it was baking we watched it in the oven and she kept calling it a pop-tart. Really child? I peeled and sliced all of those peaches and I get the credit of a pop tart?? I went light on the sugar because I like it a bit sour, Jeff was a fan and Lauren had a shudder that reminded me of her baby days eating fresh peaches- too cute!
I forgot to take a picture - it turned out cute!
Happy Birthday Jeff! He turned the BIG 4-0!! Our celebration was of course low-key. I had thoughts of planning a bash to surprise him, but following repeated warnings to do no such thing, I abided and we went to dinner together as a family. Just for the record- I do NOT like to celebrate low key. When I turn 40, I want a big ole stink made about it.

No comments: