Monday, September 29, 2008

7th Wedding Anniversary



Today is our 7th wedding anniversary. It seems unreal that it has been 7 whole years, but if I think back is seems like more than a lifetime ago since Jeff and I first met. The lovely warm weather this weekend reminded me of that lovely day 7 years ago when we joined our lives- a perfect day all around! I looked on the internet to see what the 7th wedding anniversary symbolizes:


7th Anniversary Traditional Gift:
Copper or Wool.
Copper has long had a traditional meaning of prosperity, good luck, and good
fortune. Couples who celebrate their seventh wedding anniversary can indeed
celebrate their good fortune in finding one another.
The gift of wool
represents the comfort, durability, security, and warmth that couples married
this long give one another. Roman brides touched their the threshold of their
new home with wool.


I think both off these items fit- i think that Jeff and I have been blessed with good luck and good fortune. We are lucky to have found each other. And are now doubly lucky to have a new family member on the way. As unromantic as it sounds, I do think wool fits our relationship- warm and secure and comforting. Jeff is a big fan of wool, so I think he will like this analogy as well.

Well, tonight we are celebrating our anniversary by going out to dinner together, and we might catch a movie. We are going to dinner at the Ship Tavern in the Brown Palace Hotel. This is where we got engaged in 2001, and where we had a magical awesome date when we came to denver for my residency interview 8 1/2 years ago.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you!!
[guess that was kind of stupid - of course it's for both of you]

Anyway, have fun tonight!!