Monday, September 22, 2008

New London Baby Shower


Wow! Our family is very blessed with wonderful friends and family, and the Diva baby is flat-out spoiled already. We had a shower this weekend in New London with family and friends. It was hosted by my mom and her best friend Sue (who is like my other mom). It was at the renowned Bean City Ballroom, and was so nice. The room was decorated in pink with great decorations, flowers on the tables, baloons and the cutest cupcakes on a tiered stand. I had a blinged-out tiera (LOVE IT!) and a corsage with baby sock roses. There were many guests dressed in pink- and people whom I love and have not seen in years. We played fun games, chatted and had my mom's awesome fruity punch while snacking on Susie's home-made soups and ham sandwiches.

We were showered in many lovely useful gifts- and I was made to cry on several occasions. So many of the gifts were home-made treasures- several gorgeous hand-made blankets and a scrapbook that was made by my crafty cousin Theresa- the pages are finished except for the photographs. Being a mom herself, I guess she knows how I wont have time to put all of that work in right away (although it only took her a short time- would've taken me months!!). Susie made a huge box of thank you cards/ birth announcements with stamps and pretty pink paper- coming to a mailbox near you! The most memorable (tear-jerking) gifts were made with love by my grandma sawall who is no longer with us. My grandma and grandpa gave Diva baby a set of raggedy anne and andy dolls which my grandma made before she died (6 years ago). My Aunt Cari and cousin Taya gave me some beautiful sweaters and booties that my grandma had lovingly made for Taya when Cari was expecting. Its making me cry right now to think of what a meaningful gift that is... and I promise to return the favor when Taya has a baby shower and keep the tears coming for everyone.

The best part of the whole weekend was all of the love and support that we have in our lives- Jeff and I couldn't and wouldn't want to do this without our great family and friends. Although many miles separate us, we still feel the love from you all. My friend Andrea came all the way from Austin, and Anne drove up from Chicago with her gorgeous 3 month-old baby Belle. It was a memorable weekend, and a memory I will cherish forever.
What a great weekend!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

What an awesome day!! You look fabulous and Baby Diva will bring love and joy to all!

Unknown said...

It's awesome to see eveything moving along great for Baby Diva, You and Jeff! I am so happy for YOU!