Sunday, September 28, 2008

Good-bye fishing season- Hello Ski season

Today we went fishing at William's Fork reservoir, likely our last fishing trip this year. It was lovely and peaceful- the leaves on the aspens are brightly colored, and it was so warm and sunny. What a nice way to say good-bye to summer. We have to work next weekend, so by the time we make it back to Winter Park it will likely be snowing and starting to feel like ski season.

So, the last few weeks I have been feeling sad about my missed ski season this year- I had decided to not by a ski pass, concerned that I wont get in much snowboarding this year anyway. Well, many people have been asking me about skiing- and it makes me sad to say I wont have a pass. If I have to buy single day tickets, I bet I wont go very much. So, today Jeff and I talked and decided I should buy a pass (jeff knew this all along). So, we will likely just take turns getting in a few runs- and with a season pass I wont feel so wasteful if I just snowboard for an hour or two while Jeff takes a break with the baby. Maybe we can even arrange a sitter for a day. :) Yeah!!!!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Perfect!! It will be a fabulous way for you to get your core back in shape (thank goodness I don't snowboard - it would take me a while) and enjoy your favorite winter activity. We might find we need the hot tub this year more than ever! Joe and I will be out for a trip and we can all take turns watching the kiddos. Our kids will have great memories of vacations with you guys it's so exciting to think about! You are welcome to travel out here anytime to enjoy the Utah powder as well.