Sunday, February 15, 2009

Girl's Weekend


My mom was in town to visit this weekend, since wednesday. Jeff was in Florida on a business meeting, so it was just the girls. It was so nice- I really enjoy having her around, and it is really helpful with Lauren, because I need the guidance/ advice of someone who knows what they are doing. But it was a chill weekend- friday night was spent eating free samples at Sam's Club, and Saturday night we hung out with two young Russian men until 8:30 pm (they were delivering my new washer and dryer...) Gone are the days of sneaking shots into the Sing Sing. What has become of me? I will tell you- I am a mom! Damn proud of it! I wipe puke off my chest and shirt, and am likely to do errands in the same puke- stained clothes if the stain doesn't show when it dries. When she is puking, I aim the vomit at me- because I am easier to clean up. Thursday night, I experienced poop on more laundry items (and my arm) than I thought possible. The craziest part of all of this? Right now I wouldn't trade my 10pm dinner, puke stained t-shirt, slipper socks and elastic waistband pants for any night on the town in heals. Am I crazy? Probably. I still need Lauren to take a bottle so I can leave for more than an hour- but lucky for us both, I am so in love with this little cutie, that she makes my time enjoyable, even if it is at Sam's club....

3 comments:

Laurie said...

What a beautiful bunch!

Anne said...

Your insight makes me giggle!
Anne

Catherine Anne said...

I too know what you are feeling. Its great!