Thursday, February 5, 2009

RSV scares me...

I hate RSV. It is a cold, most grown-up just tough it out, but it is dangerous and scary in little babies. This was one of my first fears when I found out I was due at the beggining of winter, keeping the baby safe from RSV and out of the hospital. The hospital I work at is filled in the winter with many RSV patients, some of which end up very, very sick.
Our close friends in SLC who had baby Ella 7 weeks prior to Lauren's birth- are in the hospital right now with Ella who has RSV. Poor baby, she is on oxygen and doing well it sounds, but has no business in the hospital this young. :( She just caught a cold at daycare and it got this bad... makes me so afraid for miss Lauren who is duking out a cold right now. How am I ever going to be able to leave her at daycare?? Prayers to Ella and family- you are in good hands and will be out in no time!! XOXO

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hi Nicole,

That is what Alayna had the first time she went to children's hospital when she was just a few months old. It is pretty scary, but the doctor's know how to take care of them. Hope your friend Ella is doing better.

Kelly

Joe said...

Thanks Jeff and Nicole!! Ella is recovering much better.

Catherine Anne said...

Prayers to your friends. Lauren Claire had RSV. She was not hospitalized for it. We did have to buy a nebulizer and do treatments every four hours. I hear we are one of the lucky ones.