Thursday, September 10, 2009

9 month stats

Lauren had her 9 month pediatrician visit today, and she got a flu shot! She is still right on track with her growth, she is 19 lb 11.5 oz (70%) and 29 inches (90%).

The bad news, the pediatrician agrees that she is allergic to dairy. Turns out that her recent refusal to drink breast milk and all of her vomiting are probably related to dairy in my milk (because I eat a lot of dairy). So, she had a full allergy profile drawn (ouch- real blood draw from the arm) and we are going to avoid all dairy. Now I just have to decide if I am cutting out all dairy myself, or weaning her to soy formula. I dont even know where to begin, I have never bought formula and was hoping to not have to figure it out. I am very sad for Miss Lauren, I was so hoping she would not have allergies.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Thinking of you.....it was so hard for me to give Ella formula as well, but it's the next best thing and sometimes necessary. Call me anytime!!!!