Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekend Guests



We had a really fun weekend - our good friends Laurie and Joe came to visit with their daughter Ella who is 11 months old. It was the first time we met Ella in person, but have Skyped with her and seen tons of pictures- so it felt like I already knew her. Laurie and Joe are some of our easiest friends- it just feel easy and natural to hang out with them and we always have a blast. Laurie and I are going through all this mommy stuff together and we have so much in common, I would love to spend an afternoon with her chatting while the girls play more often. Ella and Lauren got along very well, although Lauren wasn't always the happiest about Ella playing with her favorite toys. And infants dont have the gentlest touch- so they poked and hit each other a bit- but mainly out of affection or curiosity, I think they liked each other!



Friday night we had a cookout with lots of great friends- there are some pictures of the girls, I failed to get pictures of the deck and the grown-ups, but it was a nice night and a great party.
Saturday we went to tour the Stranahan's Wiskey distillery, it is just a mile or two from our house. There were a bunch of kookie shriner guys on tour with us, but it was fun. There were even "kid-sized" oak barrells (hah hah). Jeff and Joe are big fans of this wiskey, I am not- I couldn't drink my sample, I cannot stand wiskey- even the good stuff.

Saturday night Jeff and I got to babysit the girls while Laurie and Joe went to a friend's wedding (Congrats Leslie!). The girls played really well together, and it was a lot of fun for us too. We had them both snug in bed by 8pm- wow!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I can't thank you guys enough!!! We had so much fun and I agree, we all just work and it is fabulous!!! It was so fun to finally get the girls together and we have many years of fun times ahead!!!

We love you!!!

Catherine Anne said...

Oh what fun:) Loved the pics of Lauren and her friends..