Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Heading Home!

Lauren and I are on vacation! I am off until next Tuesday, yipee! Tomorrow night we are getting on a plane to WI for my cousin Jessie's wedding. It is going to be so much fun. So, between now and Thursday I have to organize and pack, and get a million errands done. Traveling with an infant is more work than i thought. Thanks a million to my mom- I just have to make a shopping list and my mom will pick up the diapers and food and everything I need. And she has great friends who keep her stocked with all of the baby gear, so we just show up!

Lauren has started to get kinda clingy with me lately, and doesn't like to be set down or let me out of her sight- so I am interested how this trip will go. I would love her to hang with everyone and be passed around but I am worried - she is a bit fearful of people she doesn't know well. It might be bad timing.

One of the best parts of the trip? Grandparents! Jeff and I will get to experience what it would be like if we lived by family. My parents are taking Lauren during the wedding, then we are going to bring her with us for a while, and they are going to come out to the reception (THANKS MOM AND RANDY!) and pick her up and bring her home to bed and let us stay out as late as we want!! YEEEE HA!!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I was really worried this last trip too, but I think kids know the difference between random people who want to hold a baby and grandparents and family who want to play WITH them and LOVE THEM UP!!! She will have so much fun and so will you!!!!!

I'm so excited to come next weekend!