Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Best Make-up

I cannot believe that I- of all people- am giving make-up advice, but I can see from my post earlier today that some of you need the info. I am absolutely hooked on Bare Escentuals mineral make-up. Ok, and the lip gloss (color= Dolly, looks great on everyone). I started using it several years ago and was instantly sold- I was getting regular facials at the time (before I was a mom, of course) and my facial girl couldn't believe the difference it made in my skin either!  I have gotten so many people hooked on this stuff, even my mom is a believer! (Bare Escentuals marketing folks- I wear faily light- you might wanna send me some freebies as kick-backs! LOL!)
All joking aside- I have never been a make-up wearer, but this is a loose powder that you apply with a fancy brush and swirl it around until it isn't noticeable. I cannot even tell that I have make-up on, it is light and smooth. I literally wear it almost every day, even on weekends because I know it is good for my skin and has SPF 15. I also highly recommend the "skin rever-upper" or whatever it is called, it is some kind of moisturizer with minerals in it that I swear by. 
So Girls- get yourself down to the local Sephora ASAP and have them set you up with a color- I suggest getting the starter kit- it is a good deal and gets you some OK brushes too. My last bit of advice- use the color the ladies tell you to get. I was just in there last week (when I scored the cool brush) and had them check out my color for the 10th time probably. My mom couldnt believe that I was wearing a color darker than her- I had picked it out myself because I thought I needed a darker color for the summer. Turns out that even in July my skin is super fair and the girl recommended "fairly light" for me- the same color the previous 9 consultants had recommended.
Happy Shopping!!

No comments: