Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Chomp!

Yesterday Lauren got bit at school – it was a bad one. Her class is full of biters, Lauren is the only one that doesn’t bite (that is what her teachers tell us). She has been bit before, but never left much of a mark. This time a little boy got her on her sholder- in that little soft skin above the back of her arm-pit, YOUCH!! She was wearing a tank top and had that delicate area exposed. They had to ice it, and when we picked her up it was still swollen and very red with broken skin. Poor baby, she must have cried and had a bad time with it because she kept telling us about it last night. Why do kids do that??


On a better note~ this morning when I was helping her get dressed she looked me in the eye, put her and on my cheek and said “Mommy, I love you” and smiled. I cried (happy tears of course) and she said it again and hugged me and held me tight. What a loving little girl! She has been saying “I Love you” for a couple weeks, but this was in just such a loving context I was overwhelmed. I wish I could bottle that moment forever….

2 comments:

Mom said...

Nobody should ever bite my baby! Shame on those bad kids. I hope L doesn't start biting now.

Whoever knew how "I love you Mommy" could feel. I'm glad you got to experience that.

Anne said...

There is absolutely NOTHING in the world like hearing and seeing your child express love! Everyone should be so lucky!