Friday, April 24, 2009

Earth day (late)


So, I am very invested in planning for our future. I don't want Miss Lauren to have a ruined planet to live on when she is some one's grandmother. So I have really taken to protecting our future more than ever. Recycling has gotten so much easier in Denver in the past few years, and that is great. Jeff thinks I am a recycling fanatic- hey- those toilet paper role tubes are recyclable! But the biggest point I can share with everyone, is to use the re-usable shopping bags. I have 4 of them- and they are always in my purse (a mom-purse now...). Usually when I am shopping, I dont need to use plastic at all. This includes the clothes, liquour, sephora, target, bed-bath-and-beyond- EVERYWHERE. You dont really need all those plastic bags! (well, maybe for dog poop and dirty diapers, but heh- i dont need THAT MANY.
PS- most stores give you 5 cents per bag credit for bringing your own. Makes me feel good- it is better than a coupon!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I also carry one in my purse at all times. It's a really cool Target one that zips into it's self. It a really easy thing to do and I save myself the accumulation on a ton of bags I eventually throw away anyway. Usually I'm not good a recycling so I guess this is my one good thing.