Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Terrified about the swine flu

This whole swine flu thing stinks- but this morning when I heard that a baby has died from it, I am now in a panic. Absolute panic. Babies are so sensitive to getting very sick from influenza, and children less than 1 year actually have the highest risk of death. I dont feel like there is much I can do to protect Lauren from this- since there is no vaccine to prevent people around her from getting it. I dont want to bring her to daycare again until this thing blows over, but not sure how to work that out and still have a job in the end. Please include all of the babies in your prayers, and that this stupid things blows over soon.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Handwashing, Handwashing, and Handwashing and just staying home. I'm thankful we aren't flying anytime soon, but a little worried about my sister who has to take 3 airplanes to fly in tomorrow.

Catherine Anne said...

Im sorry! I too think about it a lot. We have just been washing, eating at home, and not going out near as much!