Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day/ Birthday weekend




















Our family had a great weekend. On Friday, Jeff and Lauren set up a day at the spa for me for Mother's day. It was fantastic- my toes are painted for the first time in months!

Then we went up to Winter Park and had a great time. We took Lauren on a long stroller ride around the town- Jeff went a little overboard on the sunblock.
And we went swimming with Lauren in her new float, she LOVED it. She immediately started kicking her legs and could swim toward us. She loved the new mobility. She swam half the long length of the pool all at once. It must be a human insticnt to be able to kick your legs and swim- she was great at it and had a blast. I have been planning on finding swimming lessons for her this summer- I can see she will love it!



After a nap, we went to the Cheeky Monk Belgian Beer Cafe at the resort and listened to a blue-grass band. Lauren liked the music and couldn't take her eyes of the guy with the wash-board and spoons.
Mother's Day morning we woke up to heavy snow falling- see the pictures at the top. I LOVE the snow- so it was a perfect gift for me. We went to a nice brunch, and are heading back to Denver. Tonight we are celebrating my birthday in Denver. What a busy, fun weekend!

4 comments:

Krista said...

Beautiful baby, beautiful mama...Happy Mother's day!

Alyssa said...

Happy Mother's Day and Happy Birthday!!!! Pictures are wonderful...I love that little smile! I think that you guys and Laurie and Joe should plan a weekend together and I can babysit the little ones!

Catherine Anne said...

Nicole- I hope you had a wonderful 1st mothers day and B-day! How neat to have them together.

Dad and Donna said...

Hi Nicole, What nice pictures. You girls are beautiful. Loved the Mother's Day Picture Card.