Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rodeo to benefit Relay for Life

So my parents and family/ friends organize this annual motorcycle rodeo- this year was our first year to attend. It was quite impressive- a fun day and a great turn out. My mom and her family and some good friends are the coordinators of a very large event- over 300 people in attendance, I believe. They raised almost $6000 that they will add to their Relay For Life team donations (which totaled over $20,000 last year!!). I was so proud of them all- what a fantastic cause and a fun day. My friend Anne and her family drove up from Chicago to spend the weekend and see us - I was so touched. And many, many friend and family stopped by to see us all- it was a really nice weekend and made me thankful for all of the great people in our lives. Here is a pic of Lauren cashed out at the rodeo- she was great considering she missed most of her naps for several days.

ps- man! are there a lot of mosquitos in WI- I am still itching!

No comments: