Friday, May 1, 2009

Project Angel Heart




Last night was the annual "Dining out for life" fundraiser for Project Angel Heart. This is a charity that provides meals for people with life-threatening diseases. They have an annual fundraiser where for one night at participating restaurants, 25% of your bill is donated to Project Angel Heart. Additionally, they have volunteers on hand at each restaurant to take donations. It is a very nice charity, and reminds me of when I was a kid and my mom and my grandma were volunteers for Meals-on-wheels.

We took Lauren in the stroller down to a local irish pub/ restaurant for her first shot at philanthropy. She was a hit- all smiles and happy- everyone at the restaurant loved her. Poor thing, we kept her up past her bed time, but she was giggling and smiling the whole walk home, despite the fact that it was 8pm and she is usually in bed by then. She is just such a good baby- I am often amazed!

No comments: