Friday, December 18, 2009

10 things that make me happy

1. Lauren. Mostly the way she smells and the feel of her little hands and her head nestled in my neck. And her sweet voice, and her mischevious smile- and pretty much anything to do with her.

2. Jeff's cooking. He does a good job with tacos and elk steaks, and I just love that he will do it.

3. Snow. Lots of it heavily falling, sticking to the trees, accumulation in feet rather than inches. And how it melts in a day or two at my house but sticks for the season in the mountains.

4. Vacations. I love to travel, anywhere and everywhere.

5. Quietly reading a book, with no place to be and nothing to get done.  Bonus if it is under an umbrella on a warm sunny beach.

6. Food. Baked stuff and chocolate stuff. Cookies my mom makes. Bread with butter. Berries and corn on the cob. SUSHI, SUSHI, SUSHI

7. Old houses with antiques and quirky details. I love our house- just wish it would grow a bit.

8. When people are cured of cancer. Nothing is more gratifying than to hear about one of our patients who is off to college and years out from therapy- getting on with life!!

9. Presents. Yeah, I said it. I am adult and I LOVE to open gifts. So much, that I almost never can wait until this appropriate time to open then (read: I am opening all my xmas gifts the day they come- I cannot put them under the tree and wait).

9.5 Christmas music. All year round- who doesn't get happy when they listen to Christmas music??

10. High heeled shoes, the higher the better.

OK, that was easy. I could do 30 things that make me happy and keep going. Did put a smile on my face to sit and think about- what makes you happy?

2 comments:

Laurie said...

For sure --- a huge smile! I am happy that you are my friend and you blog!

Joe said...

You are hilarious!! definitely makes anyone smile who reads this list.