Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweetheart


This weekend we celebrated Lauren's first birthday. I cannot believe it has been a whole year, yet I can barely remember life without her. What a little angel she is- our lives are a million times better because she is here! I keep getting choked up remembering 1 year ago.


The little sweetie had a nice birthday party on Saturday, a bunch of our friends came over and a few kids, too. Grandma and Susie were here and helped with all of the party preparations. We had a cake (egg and milk free- didn't stand up as well as I would like) that I made and decorated in polka-dots. And I even found dairy-free ice cream for her.


The party was fun, we had many helium baloons and streamers and Lauren received all kinds of gifts! She was good at opening the gifts, and liked to share her cake with the other little boys who came over.  It was a great day- we have a couple videos to help us remember.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Such a loved little girl!

Joe said...

Happy Birthday!!

Catherine Anne said...

I thought of you all. I cant belive a year has past. Wish we lived closer! Happy Birthday little one. I also love her cake!