Saturday, April 24, 2010

Elmo!!

How does she know who he is?? 
OK, to start from the begining. My friend Anne is visiting with her two year old daughter, and she asks the girls, "Do you want to watch elmo??" and Lauren and Belle both come running over to watch elmo on her iPhone. Lauren yells, "Elmo, Elmo!" clear as a bell. What?? How does Lauren know elmo? She doesn't have anything elmo except a play cell phone, and I dont think we ever say the word Elmo, we just call it her phone. I forget it even has elmo on it.  She has an Elmo balloon, but she calls it "balloon" and doesn't seem to notice Elmo on it. Anne asks me if we have elmo movies, I dig through our movies and we do- but it is still in the wrapper- I am seriously in shock when we put in the movie and Lauren gets all excited whenever Elmo appears and shouts ELMO, ELMO!! To my knowledge, she has never watched an elmo show, or really seen anything elmo. When Jeff came home and saw her watching elmo and shouting his name, he was equally in shock. He just kept saying, "how does Lauren know Elmo??"  So weird, isn't it? That Elmo- he really gets the little girls wrapped around his finger, doesn't he?

2 comments:

Joe said...

Elmo has strange power over little kids. Ella has known Elmo since she was very very young. I think there might be monster pheromones.

Laurie said...

He's Daddo at our house and we love him! Will this generation all love the color red?