Friday, April 30, 2010

Packing for Mexico

We are leaving in less than a week for Puerto Vallarta and I am starting to gather things for the trip. We are not staying at a hotel, so we have to bring Lauren's pack-and-play for her to sleep in. We are also bringing and umbrella stroller for her and her car seat. As you can see- we will not be traveling light.  I just plan to tip a nice cab driver well to help us haul our stuff around.  Jeff has this psychotic idea that we dont need the carseat, so I am fully responsible for that one on my own. (he is dumb...) Anyone have any tips or advice, like "dont forget to pack the _____"?
So far I have - pack-and-play and a sheet
bathing suits, cover ups, floating baby suit, swim diapers, tons of sunblock, sun hats, sunglasses
baby forks and spoons, sippy cups, some snacks she loves, soy formula we saved (so we can make it up in a pinch while trying to track down soy milk)
clothes, shoes, diapers, wipes, bath toiletries
some toys and books for her. We will probably buy her beach and pool toys there, cuz they are cheap.
Cutest baby passport ever (her hair is in piggy-tails, I might try to scan her picture- it is so cute)

Is there anything for Lauren that I am forgetting? It is a bit different traveling to a foreign country, especially since we need to find soy milk and such. I tried contacting SILK to ask where the distribute product in PV, but (suck!) they did not respond to my emails.

Please post if you have advice for me- we are getting so excited, what a place to turn 35 years old- I will be on the beach with my two favorite people (wish Casey could come too) and sipping a tasty drink. Might even be reading a book on my Kindle- it really doesn't get much better!!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I would say airplane distractions (wrapped gifts - like toys she already owns or new crap from the $1 store) and/or DVD player. Flying has gotten HARD for us.

Will the resort have an umbrella? You may want to bring one or plan on buying one.

Dish soap to clean baby food/drink stuff, laundry detergent to hand wash and hang dry clothes if needed so you can pack less. Books to read for down time (for Lauren).

Carseat is a MUST (sorry Jeff) if you will travel via car.

Flagyl or pepto bismal - if you have it, you won't need it. Diaper rash cream - sand can be trouble (again if you have it, you won't need it).

The Bob would do awesome on the beach, but I can understand not wanting to lug it. Our little stroller did not function on the beach.

I am so excited for your fun birthday trip! I will pray for you quickly finding the Silk!

If the worst occurs, text me and I'll overnight you soy formula!