Thursday, September 30, 2010

Flu Shot~ Ouch!

Today I got my flu shot at work, there was a nursing student on my unit and I asked her if she wanted to give it. She was so excited because she needed practice (I verified that she had indeed given immunizations before).  With the help of her supervising nurse she slowly gives the shot. I nicely say "that didn't hurt at all" ( it DID). She says "uh oh" and we all look at the syringe and the drug is still in there. Great! Attempt number 2 results in less drug left in the syringe, an some blood. Super Great! I'm seriously hoping I am protected and am glad that she practiced on me and not one of our patients. I cannot imagine many kids who would let her give it a second try. Lucky for us all that I am not afraid of shots or needles, but my arm sure is sore!

No comments: