Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Home Sick

Lauren got sent home sick today with fevers. We knew it was going to happen, she was crabby this morning and when we were pulling up to the daycare Jeff mentioned he thought she had a fever (WHAT?? He noticed this at home while he was helping to get her ready, but waits till we are at daycare to mention it. No chance to drug her with ibuprofen and buy a few hours... BOYS!!) Anyway, I barely get to rounds and I get the first call- she has a fever and feels punky. OK- I ask them to give her tylenol and see if she improves. An hour later, still in rounds, they call back and she is feeling worse and cannot play and her temp is up. UGH!! I  am pretty sure that she got the illness and fever from someone at daycare, I sure wish they could cope with it there! We are praying she makes it through the day tomorrow, my job is really not understanding about these things. (yes i know i work at THE CHILDRENS HOSPITAL~ but apparently our compassion is only extended to other people's children, not the children of employees...).

No comments: