Saturday, October 4, 2008

Bring on the hunters

Its that time of year again- I get to be a (pregnant) hunting widow for a week starting on thursday night. Jeff's dad and Russ are coming out elk hunting (run elk, run!) and are taking away my hubbie for the week. They were all smart enough to chose a very early season this year, so Jeff doesn't miss out on any important events (like the birth of his child). The guys are not exactly roughing it this year- they will be staying in our condo- hot tub and hot showers daily! I am hoping they will have a great time and decide this is a great place to hunt. I would like to say I hope they shoot some elk, but........ no comment.

We are also having another group of hunters- my uncle Rick and his friend Bob are going to stop by for a visit this week on their way up to the mountains looking for elk. The are camping up by Walden, so probably not a hot tub in their future. We are looking forward to seeing the guys- it has been quite a while since I have seen them.

Now, what to cook for a bunch of hungry hunters...... elk chili maybe???

No comments: