Friday, October 17, 2008

Long week, ugh

This week has been brutal, TGIF! Jeff was out of town all week, so I was responsible for myself and the dog all week (5:30 am walks...) on top of a killer week at work. I am not as young (or thin) as I once was and I am dead-tired. Jeff came home on thursday, and man are Casey and I glad. We missed him a lot, and he bought pink roses for me and baby. Today he had the day off, and he did one million errands- pulled up the garden, winterize the swamp cooler, cut the lawn, did our laundry... a regular house-wife. I came home from work tonight after a crazy day at work, and so many things were taken care of, it was nice. Tomorrow my plan is to sleep in and go to the Cherry Creek Farmer's market with Jeff and Casey- fun!

34 weeks down- 6 to go.
We went to the OB today- nothing exciting to report. I am just a run-of-the-mill pregnant lady- too boring to get an ultrasound. She wasn't sure, but thinks baby is already head-down and ready to go. It is just a matter of growing her a bit larger before she is ready to see the world. The down-side of things going so well, I may not even need another ultrasound at all- guess I should be thankful, but I like to see her on ultrasound. My weight gain is on track- I finally cracked the 20 lb mark, so everyone is happy with my size (not my aching back, though). You would think that given free reign it would be easy to gain a ton of weight, but my metabolism is rev'd up like a 14 year-old boy's right now.

I did have blood drawn to test my varicella titers- after yet another exposure to shingles. Working with immunocompromised children, I never realized how often I get exposed to chicken pox and shingles- but I have had blood drawn now to hopefully prove once and for all that I still have immunity. As if the memory of being almost 16 yrs old with chicken pox all over isn't vivid enough- I will now have it on paper that I am safe.

Overall, I feel well, just a bit tired again, and heavy. No puffiness yet, nothing really to remark on. Just getting geared up for little Diva baby's impending arrival. The name issue is still a stuggle. We are officially past all of the close friends & family having their baby girls, so we are free to committ to our own name fully without having to change it. We just cannot come to a consensus. All suggestions welcome.

No comments: