Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pickles and Ice Cream



So, I came home from work today and was STARVING. It was a long, painful day at work- and Jeff had to go to PT after work, so it was going to be a while before we ate dinner. I decided to have a nice big bowl of ice cream to lift my spirits and tone down my growling stomach. It really hit the spot, but I finished the ice cream and thought, man I am still pretty hungry and could go for something salty. Well, we have a few homemade pickles from north dakota left- these are the best pickles ever! They are kinda fizzy and spicy, and just so yummy. So I grabbed a few pickles to snack on. As I sat on the couch with my pickles it occurred to me- I just experienced the ultimate pregnancy cliche- PICKLES and ICE CREAM! It took me 8 full months to get there- but I am officially a pregnant lady eating pickles and ice cream- not together, but i think it counts if they are directly following one another.

A great after work snack- I recommend it to pregnant and non-pregnant people alike- filled my tummy and made the baby happy!

1 comment:

Anne said...

It's really getting closer!! I've been checking your blog a couple of times a week...waiting for the big day. I am very excited for you! You are going to be such a great mom. Your baby has been so loved by both of you for such a long time now. She's going to be a wonderful, well-adjusted little girl because of the loving parents you and Jeff are.
Miss you!
Love,
Anne