Monday, October 6, 2008

Diaper bag- feedback needed






















Help! Feedback needed!

So, I have been carefully trying to decide on a diaper bag. You know how I am with accessories, and it has to be just right. I have the added challenge of picking out a diaper bag that is useful- but I dont know anything about what makes a diaper bag useful. I also want a diaper bag that is not seasonal or too feminine- more of a classic. I would like Jeff to feel somewhat comfortable carrying it around as well- so pink and super girly is out. I found this elegant diaper bag by Oi Oi- it is black and white with red trim inside and comes with a red changing pad and red insulated bottle thing (who knew?). I think it is pretty nice, but need some feedback- what do you guys think? Is this the bag? What am I looking for in a diaper bag anyway? What would you think of a guy carrying this around? I still have to show it to Jeff and get his feedback, I kind of think he wont mind it since the color is pretty neutral- but I was considering solid black or brown. Does anyone have any hot tips on nice diaper bags- where to look, what type to get?
Thanks for you help!

7 comments:

Joe said...

I reccomend a snazzy girly one for you and for Jeff to have his own - www.babysherpa.com

I have the short haul one and it's cool (so far anyway)

Nicole said...

Jeff's mom bought him a manly one- I think it is unlikely he will keep his stocked and remember to grab it- he isn't an accessory guy.

Anonymous said...

camo would be best

Laurie said...

I wish I could be of help....I went with the very simple black Kate Spade (we found it on sale in San Fran when I was barely pregnant). I really like the one you found. If I had to guess people don't really use the changing pad....but I'm not sure. Alot of women just buy a big purse and make it work mostly because so many of them are ugly, but the one you found looks perfect! Joe is pretty pumped about his baby sherpa and I already got us each a wipes container for the diaper bags (I tried to go neutral so we could share...but he had to have the same bag as Tiger Woods).

Alyssa said...

I agree with Joe and Laur...go for Tiger's bag for Jeff. Pink for you!

Ms. Mayhem said...

I started with a diaper bag, 3 kids ago, but never found one that worked. Most diaper bags are over structured. I ended up with just a big purse...even now, when I buy a purse I make sure it can fit a diaper, wipes, a bottle/sippy cup and a snack. I then created an emergency box for the car--extra change of clothes, diapers, wipes, sunscreen, hat, blanket. etc. When my husband goes out he just grabs a diaper and wipes (knowing the xtras are in the car) and stuffs that into the pocket of his cargo shorts. If all else fails we go home, we weren't meant to be out :) Oh, and who needs an extra bag to carry around. Now, for daycare another story...we use the Eddie Baur totes. Whew...you can tell me to can it now!

Ms. Mayhem said...

Oh, and a small baby blanket works just as well as a changing pad in public restrooms and is less bulky.