Friday, October 10, 2008

Hunting Widow



So, the hunters have arrived. Wednesday night we had my uncle Ricky and Bob come to visit- it was great to see them and we had a wonderful evening. It was especially nice for Jeff- because he had someone to talk hunting with and get him geared up for the big elk hunt. The guys stopped by Cabela's (of course!!) on they way out here and brought us a great surprise. Check out the camouflage baby outfit- complete with eyelet lace trim on the cuffs and bootie. It is pretty cute! I can just picture these two grown men in cabela's picking out a baby outfit. It is perfect- and in the 3mo size so she will be able to wear it this winter/ spring. I am thinking she is going to have a grandpa who will be mighty proud to see her clad in camouflage from one of his favorite stores! Not to mention a daddy who will no doubt proudly tote her around in her new hunting duds.

So, Jeff's dad and Russ drove straight into winter park (after a while at Cabela's as well) and Jeff met them up there last night. He will probably not come home until next weekend, so I am a hunting widow for the next week. I am planning some projects and lots of rest- nothing too exciting for me. Work has been a zoo, so it will be nice to just go to be really early and rest up. I was hoping to drive up to winter park for dinner on saturday, but there are supposed to be some snow storms, so i am going to wait and hear about the weather. My OB said there is no problem with me traveling to altitude, but think twice about getting stuck on the other side of Berthoud pass- not really a convenient place to be having the baby. I am not too worried about her trying to be born this month, but none-the-less will cut out any unnecessary blizzard driving.`

2 comments:

Anne said...

I'm sure your daughter will look great in Mossy Oak!
Anne

Laurie said...

That is adorable! Baby Diva is so loved!