Friday, October 23, 2009

Does hunting ever end?

We are up in Winter Park for the weekend. Jeff's plans were to go hunting early this am, but I have a cold and had a very bad night last night. This a.m. I have a fever, was puking and hacking up a lung. Gross! I thought- no way can I be taking care of Lauren alone- who will take care of me?? Poor Jeff was all dressed in camoflage and orange, feeding my angel a bottle cuz I couldn't get up at 5am. I thought- poor guy, he lives for this stuff. So, I sucked it up and sent him on his way. Sure enough- by 8am he shot a buck and is working on bringing it home right now. No problem right? Well, during elk hunting Jeff and his dad each shot an elk, and we have 375 pounds (seriously!!) of elk meat at our house. We had to do some serious freezer organization to fit it all in. Not sure what in the world Jeff thinks we are going to do with this deer? My mom was helpful- she has suggested that the theme for Lauren's first birthday is MEAT! Meat cupcakes, meat ice cream, meat frosting, steaks, burgers, pot roast..... So, any one out there feeling anemic? Cuz, I will set you up!! Guess Jeff's new gun purchase last December is paying off after all.

3 comments:

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

I came via one of your comments on Milk Allergy Mom. I'm a milk, egg, and peanut allergy mom. :) So I thought I'd come by to say hi. I actually laughed out loud when I read that your husband's name is Jeff because so is mine and so is Jamie's (Milk Allergy Mom) and so is another milk allergy mom I know. I think I might need to report this to the allergist and have them look into a possible link between husband's named Jeff and milk allergies! LOL!

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hi! Nice to meet you!

Becky

Dad and Donna said...

Hope you feel better soon.

Laurie said...

I wish we were closer....

Can you make some jerkey and ship it to us? We would love it!

We inherited part of a cow from a friend who's husband got it as a gift and I've never made so many roasts in my life!