Sunday, October 11, 2009

Maternal Instinct- I might have it!


So, Miss Lauren has been a trouble maker lately. She stopped eating about a month ago- no breast milk, no solids and despite my reluctance- no formula either. Little stinker, she just stopped eating!! So her pediatrician wanted to see her for a 10 month visit to check her weight ( this chubby baby, really???). Well, I still dont know what the heck is going on- my milk supply is suffering, it is weird. Lauren is allergic to milk and eggs and that is what they think is the issue. To make matters worse, she is a stubborn little girl and will NOT be fed. No spoons anywhere near this pretty little mouth. I bought her coconut and soy milk yogurt- but no chance she will let me feed them to her. She will only eat food she can feed herself. So, I decided to make popcicles out of soy yogurt for her. I use a shot glass (bye-bye former party life) and a plastic baby spoon for a stick. She LOVES it. Seriously- the best she has eaten in over a week!! Wow, I was pretty sure I would never pick up this mystical mom instinct where you just figure out the right thing- HA- i think i might have. I am so pleased...

1 comment:

Anne said...

Welcome to the Smart Mom's Club! Lauren continues to blossom with each photo. I love her independence!! I think she sounds like her mommy (which is all good stuff)!