Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Girl's Weekend re-defined




This past weekend Lauren and I flew to Chicago to spend the weekend with my dear friend Anne. It was such a nice time, I really miss my friend and I nearly forget how much until we are together. She is a mommy to a 4yr old and 1 1/2 year old, and really knows how to handle the little ones. She was full of great advice, and helped me with some really good ideas to get Lauren eating food again. Our girls had a really good time together, you can see Lauren staring at Ava (4 yr old) in admiration- Ava was great with the little girls and watched out for them. I tried to get a shot of Belle and Ava together, but Belle is not much of a poser! Saturday night Anne's hubby watched the girls for us and we dressed up and went to a wine bar for a late dinner, some wine, and a fun band. (THANKS ROBERT!!) It was so nice! Anne is one of those friends that I may not see often, but when we are together it is as if we haven't missed a beat. It makes me sad to be so far apart from her, weekends like these make me yearn for what it would be like if we lived closer.

2 comments:

Dad and Donna said...

What a "big girl" standing by herself.

Laurie said...

Beautiful girls!!! You neede a fun weekend!