Friday, October 23, 2009

Good reading

So, no surprise to anyone who knows me- I am an avid reader. As in, I DEVOUR books. Before Lauren was born I was at the library 2-3 times per month to pick up a stack of books. I certainly have slowed down since I had Lauren- not just enough time in the day. My friend at work Amy clued me in to a good series of books- The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. Amy isn't a huge reader, so when she claimed to be hooked, I figured I should check it out. I am on the 3rd book in the series- Eclipse (4 total) and I am totally hooked. They are a bit juvenile (think teen angst and romance) and very fictional, but really entertaining. I am not used to things quite so fictional- as in teenagers falling in love with vampires, but I am really enjoying these books. They are a lightening fast read, too. I certainly recommend.

ps- the books are being made into movies, too. I am NOT going to see the movies, I have a strict policy of not watching movies of books that I have read because it kinda ruins the imagery I have developed.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I can explain someday, but I make fun of people who read these books! I won't be sucked in!!!!

Anne said...

I read the series after so many of my students were reading them. I really enjoyed them! As for the movie, if you watch Twilight, you will be surprised at how well it is done. I enjoyed the movie too...and I usually don't enjoy movies if I've read the books. Go ahead and watch it!