Thursday, October 15, 2009

Flu shots for everyone!!

Yipee- the swine flu (H1N1) vaccine is approved and they started to distribute it this week, I got mine today- no pig flu for me!! Lauren has gotten both of her traditional flu vaccines, and jeff and I both got our traditional flu shots last week. Jeff and I get the priority H1N1 vaccine because we are healthcare workers, but it should be distributed to high risk individuals in the public next week, I think. I am hoping they will start vaccinating everyone else soon to slow the outbreak- it is out of control!

My words of advice to EVERYONE: GET YOUR FLU SHOT ASAP. Get your pig flu shot, too- it is a nasty sickness to have. And nasty to give to expose others to. Here is a link to the CDC with some commonly asked questions- there are a lot of misconceptions about the swine flu shot.

No comments: