Friday, October 30, 2009

Noisy toys

So, I have been against noisy toys for Lauren. I felt like they didn't leave enough to the imagination, are annoying, and potentially harmful to their hearing. So, Lauren does not have any of these battery operated noisy toys- and neither does her daycare, so they are relatively new to her. Well, 2 weeks ago when I went to visit my friend Anne in Chicago, Lauren discovered the lure of noisy toys- and she LOVES them! She especially liked this busy ball popper and the busy ball-tivity center. So, I caved and bought her the ball popper- and she loves it! I had to put a band-aid over the speaker, cuz the volume is way too loud. I guess the ball-tivity center might make her xmas wish list.

3 comments:

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

My boys had this same toy and LOVED it!!! They got a lot of exercise, too, from chasing the balls around!! This was one noisy toy I was really happy with... although I did keep it on the lowest volume possible! I really like your idea of covering the speaker, too! :)

Laurie said...

We got this for Ella's birthday from us and she loves it!! I'm glad you posted this because it was my plan for a birthday surprise for Miss Lauren!! I just love the way Ella cracks herself up and she does chase the balls although sometimes she just points, like, hey mom, will you go get those balls for me?

Noisy toys -- we have gotten many as gifts! They fill our home!

Dad and Donna said...

I know what you mean about loud toys. You are such a wonderful mom to think of that. Lauren Grace is a very lucky young lady.